What’s On has news of Emirates flights from Dubai Airport at Christmas, with record passengers expected to leave Dubai on December 19.
Planning your Christmas getaway on December 19? Well reports suggest you’re not alone. In fact, Emirates Airline expects that the pre-Christmas rush will reach its peak this Friday with more than 80,000 people set to travel on over 240 flights.
Emirates Airline said it expects the entire week to be its busiest of 2014, as travellers head for their homeland or travel abroad for the holiday season. According to the airline’s latest booking figures, passenger numbers on December 19, the busiest day of the festive period, will be 23 per cent up on last year.
“We have deployed extra staff at the airport to assist our customers, and we ask all travellers to be aware of check-in and gate closure timings,” they said. “[Passengers] should also allow ample time to get through the various touch-points at the airport, as check-in and gate closure timings will be strictly followed to ensure flights depart on schedule.”
Here are a few tips to ensure you pass more swiftly through the terminals:
– Leave a minimum of three hours for check-in and passport control.
– Leave extra time for your journey to the airport as the roads will be very busy. Say your goodbyes at home.
– Check with the airline in advance for information on your baggage allowance. Irrespective of the allowance, a single unit of baggage weighing more than 32kgs will not be accepted at check-in.
– It is always simpler to pack liquids and aerosols in your check-in baggage.
– Be sure to check which airport/terminal you are departing from before leaving home.
– Beat the queues by checking-in online or using the self-service check-in kiosks in the departures hall.
– Obtain an e-Gate card. Using the e-Gate card helps avoid queuing at passport control, both while arriving and on departure. Check out how to get an e-Gate card.
For those of us left behind, don’t worry, there’s plenty of fun to be had. Check out our festive preview, or choose one of the links below.
- Christmas Eve deals
- Christmas Day brunches
- Boxing Day deals
- New Year’s Eve dinner and firework deals
- Christmas Markets