The Dubai Food Festival returns next February, here’s what we know about the foodie fortnight so far.
1. The festival will run over an impressive 17 days, and it starts on Thursday February 25.
2. The 2016 festival will also involve the first-ever Dubai Restaurant Week, which will see 30 of the city’s best fine dining spots offering a three-course set menu for Dhs189 per person. Some of the restaurants involved include Ashiana by Vineet, Bread Street Kitchen, Junoon, Kiku, Okku, Qbara, Rang Mahal, Sea Fu, Social By Heinz Beck, The Croft, The Ivy, Yuan and Zheng He’s. You can already book for restaurant week here. It will run from Thursday February 25 until Saturday March 5.
3. The Beach Canteen on Kite Beach will be the free-to-attend hub of the festival, with 15 home-grown restaurant concepts serving food day and night and celebrity chef appearances. There will also be local bands, DJs, children’s activities and beach sports.
The Beach Canteen
4. The part of the festival we’re most excited about is the celebration of the city’s ‘Hidden Gems’ – with the Food Festival already asking residents and regular visitors to Dubai to share their favourite secret eats here. We’ll let you know as soon as the city’s unsung food heroes are announced, the festival is going to pick the top 20. There will be activities during the festival based around these restaurants and cafes.
5. Other things to look forward to throughout the festival is the Kids Dine For Free promotion, Taste of Dubai and the Fatafeat Arabic Kitchen in Galleries Lafayette. Also, individual restaurants and cafes are sure to run special promotions over the foodie fortnight too.
We’ll bring you more details as soon as they come in.
February 25 to March 12
Various locations throughout Dubai, see dubaifoodfestival.com for more.