Tickets? Check. Mounting excitement for some incredible events? CHECK…
Abu Dhabi Showdown week has arrived in the capital and we’re gearing up for some mega events.
Two major events, Red Hot Chili Peppers on Wednesday September 4 and UFC 242 on Saturday September 7, will both take place in The Arena, a newly built space on Yas Island with capacity for 13,000.
Handily, The Arena at Yas Island have put together a guide on how to get there and the best places to park, enter and everything else you might need to make sure you’re evening is a seamless one.
Here’s all the info you’ll need…
- Enter ‘THE ARENA’ on Google Maps to find it – it’s located on Al Maha Street, Yas Island
- Be mindful of extra travel time due to traffic, parking, shuttle bus journeys and entry to The Arena, and plan accordingly
- Gate Opening Times:
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers: 6pm, Wednesday September 4
- UFC 242 Weigh In: 3pm, Friday September 6
- UFC 242: 5.15pm, Saturday September 7
- UFC Fan Experience is open on Friday and Saturday for ticket-holders only
- Make sure to bring a small bag as large ones will not be allowed, but bear in mind there will be no storage available anywhere onsite
- Bring a jumper incase it gets cold inside the venue
- If you need to get cash, there will be an ATM at the UFC Fan Experience next to The Arena
- No smoking or vaping inside the venue
- By Car: For normal ticket holders, there will not be parking at The Arena, instead there will be parking sites available around Yas Island. VIP ticket holders will have access to parking at The Arena.
- Shuttle Buses: Shuttle buses will run from the remote parking sites around Yas Island and will take regular ticket holders from parking sites to The Arena. It takes around 6 to 8 minutes
- By Taxi: Taxis are able to drop ticket-holders right outside The Arena
- By Careem: If you’re travelling to and from The Arena via Careem, you can avail 40 percent off using the code ADSW19 up to a maximum of Dhs40 per journey
- Make sure you have your tickets ready as they can’t be collected and won’t be on sale at The Arena
- Tickets must be purchased in advance from ticketmaster.ae or Virgin Megastores
- You need your original printed tickets or electronic tickets – no copies will be accepted