What’s On celebrates Christmas in Dubai. Here, we present, from a celebrity chef in Dubai, Marco Pierre White Christmas pudding recipe.
1tsp mixed spice
50g brown sugar
2tsp gravy browning
50g Fresh breadcrumbs
Half each orange/lemon
4tbsp (optional) rum or brandy
1tbsp lemon juice
4tbsp skimmed milk
– Combine all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
– Mix together, adding the beaten eggs, until all the ingredients are well combined.
– Spoon the mixture into a 1kg pudding basin, cover with doubled greaseproof paper and tie with a string or rubber bands.
– Put the basin in a deep pan, pour in water to halfway up the bowl, cover the pan tightly and simmer for four to five hours, checking the water level periodically.
– Remove basin from the pot, discard the greaseproof paper and cover it with new paper.
– Allow to cool, then store in a cool larder.
– To reheat, steam for one hour. Or you can simply microwave for five minutes (depending on the power of the unit).
– When reheated, run a knife around the edge of the basin, turn out on to a serving plate.