In pictures: The rain in Dubai
All aboard the hype train! If you’ve glanced out your window this morning, or even peeked at social media, you’ll have noticed something different about the city…
To celebrate the first big rain of the season, here’s our collection of some of the best photos hanging about social media today of this rare occurrence…
1. At least we don’t have to mop our balcony.
— Anum Hafeez (@anumuae) November 12, 2015
3. Rivers of water on SZR
— megha merani (@dxbmaven) November 12, 2015
4. No caption necessary.
5. A beautiful shot of cloudy skies over the Dubai Marina.
6. The Burj Khalifa through a veil of rain.
7. And then immersed in the cloudy sky.
8. What a difference a few drops make.
9. More overcast skies after this morning’s rain.
10. Strong winds and drizzle down on Kite Beach.
11. A great shot of the city and accompanying rain clouds.
— Whatnossyate (@whatnossyate) November 12, 2015
12. A wet window in JBR.
— Hannah Raven (@HannahRaven19) November 12, 2015
13. Admiring the wet weather from the comfort of a car.
First day of rain this winter in Dubai ☔️☁️. pic.twitter.com/mf1v01tq42
— KBH•خليفة بن هندي (@KBinhendi) November 12, 2015
14. Dubai International Airport looking a little soggy.
— Lisa van der Watt (@expatpensionuae) November 12, 2015
15. Wet weather comes with the standard accompanying traffic jams.
— Tariq Sanad (@tsanad) November 12, 2015
16. The city under ominous skies.
— Iain Abernethy (@iwabernethy) November 12, 2015
17. But we actually kind of love being outside in this weather.
— Saad Subzwari (@saadsubzwari) November 12, 2015