These 20 comic strips really understand life in Dubai
These cartoons just get life in the UAE…
The UAE is a pretty unique place to live. We encounter a bundle of situations on a regular basis that just wouldn’t happen in other countries.
Resident Maria Neschetna noticed these, and illustrated a bunch of comics that are all-too relatable.
Here are some of our favourites…
1. But to be fair, any chai is good.
2. Ah, falafel. There’s never a bad time for falafel.
3. A thing of nightmares.
4. The beach is great and all, but no ocean will cool you down when it’s 50ºC outside.
5. Why do we even bother…
6. Your GPS is more confused than you are.
7. What? I thought I had the only white 4×4 in Dubai…
8. Please, please, give us proper road names. 241B isn’t so catchy.
9. Fifteen degrees? Winter is here! Honey, grab the coats!
10. Well played, Dubai Mall.
11. But will there be free parking?
12. We’re fans of the thick and generous. More shawarma for your dirham.
13. It doesn’t matter where you’re from, everyone knows the Dubai slang.
14. All too accurate.
15. Messages to the wrong Hammad will be sent.
16. Swimming in winter? Are you crazy? It’s freezing out!
17. #dubai #burjkhalifa #holiday #thelife #funinthesun
18. “I swear it wasn’t like this yesterday”
19. From 50 degree August to 40 degree September. Winter’s coming!
20. Because even your poor chili plant can’t handle the heat.
Ah, we love this city and its many quirks…