Traffic, parking: Read this before going to the Ed Sheeran gig
Here’s everything you need to know about Ed Sheeran tickets, traffic, buses, roads, food and more before his Dubai gig on Thursday night…
There are more than 25,000 people expected to descend on the Autism Rocks Arena tonight to see Ed Sheeran perform here in Dubai as the last gig on his world tour, and so it will be a bit of a logistics puzzle to ensure that there’s not major traffic on the Dubai-Al Ain Road.
Here’s everything we know to help you avoid too much traffic or waiting around….
– Remember, the venue is dry and unlicensed.
– The concert is completely sold out – there are no tickets available on the door. Heads up: you may have to show ID and the valid credit card to show that your ticket is genuine if it’s a re-sale ticket.
– Doors open at 6pm. Ed Sheeran will take to the stage at 10pm (he will finish by about midnight, but there will be an after party until 1am). Organisers are encouraging people to arrive early to avoid traffic (but remember, you will also have standard Thursday rush hour traffic to contend with too).
– Moe Tiger willl do a DJ set at 6pm, and American musician Lauv will perform at 9pm. You may know his song I Like Me Better:
– There is parking but organisers say “spaces are limited” so they are encouraging people to use RTA taxis to get to the venue.
– There are three access roads to get to the venue, including Al Ain Road (E66) and Emirates Road (E611). We’d use the Waze app to check on traffic if driving. See below for access videos.
– Free buses will take people from the venue to Dubai Mall, Deira City Centre or Mall of the Emirates from 12am to 2am (but they will not be taking people to the venue before the concert).
– You could also drive to a landmark near-ish the venue (like, for instance, Silicon Oasis) and then get a cab from there to cut down on the taxi bill. Or drive to where the buses are dropping off so that you end up next to your car when you catch the free bus.
– There will be food trucks on site, like Taqado, NKD Pizza and Shake Shack (and remember, all guests will receive a Dhs50 F&B voucher at the door when they arrive at the arena).
– Cameras and filming equipment are not allowed into the venue – however, phones are fine.
– Here’s a site map:
– Here’s a guide on how to get there if driving down Al Ain Road (from Dubai):
– Here’s a guide on how to get there if driving down Emirates Road (from Dubai):
– Here’s a guide on how to get there if driving from Al Ain:
– Here’s a guide on how to get there if driving from Sharjah:
117 Live are saying that they will post live traffic and logistics updates on Facebook – so follow them here for any further updates.
We hope you all have a great night!