Your guide to the best Thanksgiving menus around town
The Americans among you need no introduction to the event. For the rest of us, this is a fine excuse to have a rollicking good feed in November. That’s right, Thanksgiving is nigh (November 28), and turkeys are getting nervous. So where can you enjoy it?
• Want to host Thanksgiving but don’t want to slave over a hot stove? Order a cooked bird 48 hours in advance.
Fairmont Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, Dhs595 (serves eight), Dhs695 (serves ten), Dhs795 (serves 12). Tel: (04) 3118316. Metro: World Trade Centre. fairmont.com
• Book a table on November 28 at the Ritz-Carlton for sage roasted turkey, red skin mashed potato and warm apple dumplings.
The Library Bar, Ritz-Carlton, Dubai, JBR, 6pm to 10pm, Dhs250. Tel: (04) 3994000. Taxi: JBR. ritzcarlton.com
• Claw BBQ, Crabshack and Grill is offering wholesome American food just like yo’ mamma used to make on November 28. It comes with generous helpings of mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole and all the traditional fixins’ you know and love. It comes in at Dhs180 with a glass of wine.
Souk Al Bahar, Downtown, Dubai. Tel: (04) 4322300. Taxi: Souk Al Bahar. clawbbq.com
• Try the special turkey carving station at the Calabar brunch on November 29.
The Address Downtown Dubai, noon to 4pm, Dhs290 with soft drinks, Dhs425 with wine. Tel: (04) 4368888. Metro: Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa. theaddress.com
• Caramel’s Thanksgiving menu on November 28 includes butternut squash soup, sweet potato gnocchi and pumpkin cheesecake.
DIFC, Building 3, Dubai, 6pm, Dhs179. Tel: (800) 2272635. Metro: Financial Centre. caramelgroup.com
• Ruth’s Chris Steak House will keep diners entertained with live music during their traditional Thanksgiving menu. SO expect turkey and the tapping of feet.
The Address Dubai Marina, November 28, 6pm, Tel: (04) 454 9538 Metro: Dubai Marina. ruthschris.ae
• Gramercy have a three-course lunch from noon to 3pm for Dhs125 or dinner and a glass of wine from 7pm for Dhs195. It runs from November 24 to December 1
Building 3, DIFC, Dubai. Tel: (04) 4377511. Metro: Financial Centre. thegramercybar.com
• The Ivy’s Dhs395 three-course dinner features turkey, cornbread and mac’n’cheese. For dessert there’s pecan pie, apple pie and cheesecake. It runs from November 24 to November 30
Emirates Towers, Dubai, noon to midnight. Tel: (04) 3198767. Metro: Emirates Towers. theivy.ae