How you can be part of DIFF - tickets, parties and celeb spotting
Dubai International Film Festival is bigger and better than ever this year, showing a total of 174 features, shorts and documentaries including 70 world premieres and 11 international premieres from 57 countries in 43 languages from both established and upcoming talent. The nine-day extravaganza kicks off on December 6 and will welcome Hollywood A-listers Cate Blanchett, Martin Sheen, Mark Ruffalo and Rooney Mara, among others.
But how can you get involved?
General admission tickets are available to all film screenings aside from those on the opening and closing nights of the festival, which are open only to invited guests.
• All films throughout the festival will be shown at either the Madinat Jumeirah Theatre, the Madinat Arena, or Vox Cinemas at Mall Of The Emirates.
• There will also be free screenings taking place in Burj Park, Downtown Dubai.
The selection of films guaranteed to entertain audiences at Burj Park include; Champ of the Camp by Mahmoud Kaabour, Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon by Tsui Hark, Home Land by Mohamed Hamidi, A Story of Children and Film by Mark Cousins, Red Blue Yellow by Nujoom Al Ghanem, Underground on the Surface by Salma El Tarzi, Tim Veneer by Penn & Teller, The Mummy by Chadi Abdel Salem.
• Tickets for regular film screenings cost Dhs30, or Dhs10 for students (the student discount does not apply to gala screenings). Experiencing the glitz and glamour of a red carpet screening during DIFF will set you back Dhs80. Two Cinema For Children galas will be held during the festival, with tickets priced at Dhs50 for adults or children.
• Tickets can be purchased from the box offices at Vox Cinemas in Mall Of The Emirates, Madinat Jumeirah Theatre, and Madinat Arena, or in Building 3, Dubai Internet City. The DIFF box office will also open online on Thursday November 28 at www.dubaifilmfest.com.
• Various packages are available as part of the Friends Of The Festival Programme, which offer unique privileges for film enthusiasts. To find out more, visit dubaifilmfest.com.