Here’s what’s happening in October at Warehouse421
Sponsored: From jewellery and perfume making to creating your own brand, there’s lots to get involved with this Fall at Warehouse421
Art season has officially begun and Warehouse421 has an amazing line-up of exhibitions and workshops during October 2019.
Here are a few highlights…
Jewellery Design (From October 6)
Learn how precious metals and stones are fashioned into earrings, pendants, and bracelets with this short course with jewellery designer and maker, Nadia Abbas. The course runs from Sunday, October 6 to Sunday, November 24, 2019 and costs Dhs1200.
Developing a Brand (October 18 and 19)
You will learn why branding is important, how brands are developed and how to create your very own brand in this two-part workshop with graphic designer Rasha Dakkak. The course is on Monday, October 18 and Tuesday, October 19, 2019 and costs Dhs300.
Introduction to Light Room (October 19)
Learn the basics of Lightroom Classic CC, Adobe’s photo editing software. Veteran photographer Kathleen Hoare will teach you the ins and outs of Lightroom’s interface and the use its editing tools. The course is on Saturday, October 19, 2019 and costs Dhs630.
Perfume Making (October 19)
Not only will you learn what makes up the perfect mixture to enhance woody scent such as bakhoor or dukhoon, you will also gain knowledge on storing perfumes, its ingredients and the practice of layering different scents. The course is on Saturday, October 19, 2019 and costs Dhs1800.
Rusting and Torching Copper (October 20)
In this workshop, Rawda Al Ketbi and Rashed Al Falasi teach an unexpected art form – rusting, where chemicals and other materials will be used to vary the texture and vibrancy of patina(the blue-green layer of corrosion that is formed on copper when it is exposed to the elements.) The course is on Sunday, October 20, 2019 and costs Dhs150.
Others to watch out for:
– Community and Critique: SEAF 2018/19 Cohort 6 ongoing until Sunday, November 24, 2019, free
– Hollowed ongoing until Sunday, October 13, 2019, free
– Why Who Gets To Tell What Were on Saturday, October 12, 2019
– Cynaotype on Saturday, October 12, 2019, Dhs120
– Black and White Collage on Tuesday, October 15 and Wednesday, October 16, 2019, Dhs120
– Arabs and the City Series on Wednesday, October 16, 2019, free
– Shooting and Developing Film on Friday, October 18, 2019
– Printmaking (Pattern making) on Saturday, October 19, 2019, Dhs120
– Photo Walk: Mina Zayed on Saturday, October 19, 2019, Dhs295 entry fee
– Art & Cinema Series: Eva Hesse on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, free
– Printmaking (Lino Blocks) on Saturday, October 26, 2019, Dhs120
– The Fundamentals – Leather Making ‘Basics Leathercraft’ on Wednesday, October 30 to Friday, November 1, 2019, Dhs450
That’s quite the amazing line-up of workshops, and there will be plenty more available in the months to come.
Warehouse421, Al Mina, Abu Dhabi, course timings vary, fall season until December 2019, Tel:(02) 676 8803 warehouse421.ae