New Year's Eve travel advice is issued for Palm Jumeirah
The iconic palm-shaped island is a hotspot for New Year’s Eve celebrations…
New Year’s Eve 2020 is just days away, and if there’s ever been a year to celebrate the arrival of a brand new one, it’s 2020. If you’re spending December 31 on Dubai’s Palm Jumeirah, you might want to listen up.
Developer Nakheel has issued travel advice to those visiting the iconic palm-shaped island for their New Year’s Eve celebrations. Palm Jumeirah is, unsurprisingly, a very popular hotspot on December 31, and thus, traffic can get extremely busy.
According to Nakheel, they are working closely with the Dubai Police, Dubai Municipality and Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to ‘prioritise safety and convenience, and ensure smooth traffic flow.’
Here is the advice and any changes for New Year’s Eve on the Palm Jumeirah…
You might also like
- Visitors to the Palm Jumeirah are encouraged to allow plenty of extra time for their journey. It’s best to make use of public transport such as The Palm Monorail or taxis.
- Use the code THEPALMFOUNTAIN to enjoy discounts to and from The Palm Fountain with Careem until January 2021
- Double the number of festive season shuttle buses will be in operation on December 31 from Nakheel Mall to The Pointe. Free rides will be available from 7pm to 3am.
- Pedestrian crossings on the Trunk Road at junction 2 (near Shoreline Apartments Building 5) and junction 4 (Building 10) will close from 9pm to 1am on New Year’s Eve
- Pedestrian crossings next to Buildings 3 and 7 will be open and manned by security personnel
Hotels, retail outlets and restaurants
- Food deliveries to hotels, retail outlets and restaurants will be permitted up to 5pm. These venues have been advised to schedule accordingly and provide adequate parking
- No permits will be issued on December 31 for third-party contractors such as moving companies