10 great photos from UAE Flag Day
Red, white, black and green – the UAE is being painted in patriotism thanks to UAE Flag Day…
November 3 marks UAE Flag Day, which is all about the people of the UAE remembering the country’s founders efforts to turn the UAE into what it is today.
Why November 3? The day marks the anniversary of Sheikh Khalifa becoming the President of the UAE in 2004.
It was only this October that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai suggested that all members of the UAE community celebrate Flag Day in honour of the the late Sheikh Zayed and Sheikh Rashid.
Celebrations will be held from November 3 to 7 throughout the city.
What can people expect? You’ll see flags raised throughout the entire city, as well as other signs of patriotism across people’ houses and cars.
Here are some of our favourite photos of the occasion so far:
1. A group of explorers hold the flag on one of their adventures
2. Two mini flags being waved from the top of the Burj Khalifa
3. A skydiver taking ‘raise the flag’ to a whole new level
4. A parade with the flag in front of the world’s tallest building
5. The flag against the backdrop of a Dubai sunset
6. A young girl waves the flag towards the camera
7. A sea of flags down at Jumeirah Beach in front of the Burj Al Arab
8. Raising the flag in a unique way
9. The flag against the UAE’s orange desert dunes
10. Schoolchildren stand proudly with their handprint rendition of the UAE flag
Happy flag day!
Main image: Instagram/@aliasgart