First pics: This is what La Perle theatre looks like inside...
Dubai’s state-of-the-art aqua theatre is a month away from opening its doors…
We’ve been hearing a lot about La Perle, the highly-anticipated Franco Dragone production which will be Dubai’s first ever permanent show. Now, we have some new photos that offer a sneak peek inside the stunning venue.
What is La Perle? Here’s a quick catch up. The 1300-seat theatre, located in Al Habtoor City, will be the only one of its kind in the world.
It will consist of an aqua-stage filled with 2.7 million litres of water.
The show will be a visual feast of high-tech, 3D projections.
The theatre has been custom-built for an international cast of 65 skilled artists, who will demonstrate “superhuman” aquatic and aerial stunts during the 90-minute live show.
The show itself is said to take inspiration from Dubai’s “rich cultural past, vibrant present and aspirational future”.
When can you go and check it out? La Perle will open on August 31, and shows will take place twice a night, five days a week. Tickets start from Dhs400.
For more information and to book, visit the website or call 800 LAPERLE.
MORE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LA PERLE
– Artists will fly from a tower weighing a whopping 60 tonnes. That’s the weight of a Boeing 737.
– During every performance, artists will at one point experience more G-force than an astronaut at take off.
– The theatre is not a traditional stage – the seats wrap around the water pool (which is sometimes a dry stage), and for a space that can fit 1,300 viewers it feels surprisingly intimate.
– Food and drink is allowed in the show (as long as it’s purchased from La Perle), as are phones and filming, and while there isn’t a particular kids’ policy, they do say the show will be best for children over five.
– There will be motorbikes involved in the show, and these bikes will be in globes.