Exciting news! Tickets for La Perle go on sale tomorrow
The next-level production will kick off this summer!
Remember La Perle? Well, we now know that the Franco Dragone stage show, which has its own permanent theatre in Al Habtoor City, will hold its first performance on Thursday August 31 – with tickets going on sale tomorrow.
Tickets will start from Dhs400 – and while there will be very pricey VIP packages available, there are only 14 rows of seats in the theatre, meaning every visitor should feel part of the action. Shows will run at 7pm and 9.30pm Tuesday to Friday and 4pm and 7pm on Saturday, 365 days a year.
The show has been conceptualised by Franco Dragone, who is behind huge world-renowned productions like Le Rêve in Las Vegas and The House of Dancing Water in Macau.
During the performance, acrobats and athletes will dive from 25 metres into the changeable aqua-stage filled with 2.7 million litres of water and will fly around the theatre at 15 kilometres per hour.
We’ve even heard that those in the front few rows may be given ponchos due to the splash factor of the show.
“The theatre we have built is not just a theatre, it’s an incredible machine. It’s like a special spaceship or more like an A380 plane which I have to fly,” explains the show’s founder and artistic director, Franco Dragone.
Here’s a sneak peek inside the theatre:
(AR/EN) مع اقتراب افتتاح عرض #لا_بيرل المائي الفريد من نوعه وبدء بيع التذاكر، نتابع تقدم الأعمال وجهوزية المسرح والعرض بالتفصيل. #خلف_الحبتور #الحبتور #لابيرل #الحبتور_سيتي As the opening date of #LaPerle and the ticket sales are near, my team and I are checking all the elements of the venue and the show, making sure it is all up to our expectations. #KhalafAlHabtoor #KAH #AlHabtoor #LaPerleDxb @LaPerleDxb @AlHabtoorCity #AlHabtoorCity
“It’s not possible that people seeing this show for the first time won’t be moved,” Dragone confidently told us earlier this year. Fighting words indeed.
MORE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LA PERLE
– Artists will fly from a tower weighing a whopping 60 tonnes. That’s the weight of a Boeing 737.
– During every performance, artists will at one point experience more G-force than an astronaut at take off.
– The theatre is not a traditional stage – the seats wrap around the water pool (which is sometimes a dry stage), and for a space that can fit 1,300 viewers it feels surprisingly intimate.
– Food and drink is allowed in the show, as are phones and filming, and while there isn’t a particular kids’ policy, they do say the show will be best for children over five.
– We also know that there will be motorbikes involved in the show, and that these bikes will be in globes.
So how can I get tickets? You can book them at La Perle’s website, or PlatinumList.com. You can also call (800) LAPERLE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.