Dubai's RTA launches 9 new bus routes
They include a new service to Al Ain, and links between IMPZ and Arabian Ranches…
Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is set to improve Dubai’s bus services with the launch of nine new bus routes.
Operating from Sunday April 7, the new bus routes will include a new service to Al Ain, and convenient links between IMPZ and Arabian Ranches, and Rashidiya Metro Bus Station with International City more frequently.
The new services aim to “meet the growing demand for bus service” in Dubai, and improve “the integration with the metro service as well as the link with Al Ain city” according to a statement from the RTA.
Here’s the full list of new routes:
- Route 20 from Al Warsan 3 to Al Nahda via Airport Terminal 2, connecting Rashidiya Metro Bus Station and International City with a frequency of 30 minutes during peak hours.
- Route E201 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Ain Bus station with a frequency of 30 minutes during peak hours.
- Route J02 connecting International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) with Arabian Ranches via Dubai Studio City with a frequency of 30 minutes during peak hours.
- Route 310 from Rashidiya Metro and Bus Station to the International City with a frequency of 8 minutes during peak hours.
- Route 320 from Rashidiya Metro and Bus Station to Silicon Oasis/Academic City with a frequency of 8 minutes during peak hours.
- Route F34, a metro feeder service, from Dubai Internet City Metro Station to Dubai Production City via IMPZ with a frequency of 20 minutes during peak hours,
- Route F37, a metro feeder service, linking Mall of the Emirates Metro Station with Dubai Sports City with a frequency of 20 minutes during peak hours.
- Route E315 runs from Etisalat Metro Station to Muwaileh Bus Station in Sharjah
- Route E316 runs from Rashidiya Metro Station to the University of Sharjah (Airport Road Interchange).
The RTA will also introduce some changes to current bus routes in light of the new launches, efffective from Sunday April 7.
These are the routes that will change:
- Route F30 will be curtailed at Studio City with no service to Arabian Ranches, thus enabling a faster service from Dubai Studio City. The existing passengers from Arabian Ranches will be covered by the new Route J02, enabling transfer at Dubai Studio City.
- Route F04 will be converted into a circular service, enabling transfers at Al Khaleej Road opposite to Gold Souq Bus Station.
- Route 50 will be curtailed at the Business Bay, thus enabling a faster service.
- Route F09 will be extended to Dubai Frame from Jafiliya Metro Station.
- Route 24: a new loop service will be provided to connect the Sahara Centre with the existing route.
There will also be some route cancellations as of Sunday April 7. Routes 365 & 366 will be cancelled, and the existing passengers will be served by the new service 310, 320 and 20. Route F29 will be cancelled, and the existing passengers will be served by the new service F34, F37, F30 and J02.