Resident returning to the UAE? Here's the approval form
Dubai residence visa holders flying back to the UAE from restricted countries must have approval…
It was announced on August 3 that fully-vaccinated UAE residents stranded in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Nigeria and Uganda are allowed to return to the UAE from August 5. Now it has been revealed that Dubai residents returning from restricted countries must have GDRFA approval.
If you are a Dubai residence visa holder returning to Dubai from a restricted country, you will need to apply for approval from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). All other UAE residence visa holders do not have to apply.
Please note, the form is for ‘Dubai Resident Visa Holders’ only. The GDRFA approval form is required for Dubai residents traveling from these restricted countries: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Nigeria and Uganda.
You might also like
We’ve outlined all of the information you need to know, including how to fill out the form…
Here’s the steps you’ll need to take:
- You can access the form via here
- You can apply for return approval as soon as you have booked your flight
- To apply for return approval, you’ll need your Resident File Number from your visa
- You must bring a copy of the GDRFA approval when you travel
- You must take a PCR test (within 48 hours prior to your departure) and hold a valid printed negative COVID-19 test certificate to fly into the UAE.
- You will have to take a PCR test upon your return to Dubai and remain in your residence until you get a negative result
- You must download the ALHOSN UAE app
- Check out ‘Travel requirements for Dubai residents for all information regarding traveling into Dubai
How to fill out the GDRFA approval form:
- All you’ll need to fill out the GDRFA approval form is your passport, visa and Emirates ID.
- Enter your visa number, country and year of birth
- Enter the country you’re travelling from and the port you’re arriving to (Dubai International Airport DXB)
- Enter your email address
- Upload copies of your documents – visa, passport and Emirates ID
- It will take you to a payment page, but don’t panic as it’s classed ‘Free of Charge’
- Submit your application
- Your application will be marked ‘under process’, for which you’ll receive an email