Celebrating on the waves: Watch the New Year's Eve fireworks in Dubai aboard an abra
If you’re too cool for convention…
What are all the typical spots to catch the New Year’s Eve fireworks in Dubai? The beachfront? A restaurant? The roof of your car? Your balcony? The side of the road because you got stuck in traffic? Add the rolling waves to this list, because the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA) is bringing back its ‘New Year’s Eve fireworks from the sea’ experience.
The RTA revealed a list of special offers and premium marine carrier services so you can ring in the new year in true unconventional style. As the year comes to a close, you can choose to witness the festivities aboard the Dubai ferry, an abra or a water taxi as you take a tour of the coastline of the city.
View this post on Instagram
You might also like
It’s the perfect family-friendly New Year’s Eve experience and a great way to create lasting, wholesome memories with your loved ones. These special services are available for one night only, on December 31.
The full schedule of the New Year’s Eve trips is below:
- Rides kick off between 10pm and 10.30pm on December 31 (NYE) and continue up to 1.30am
- Start points at Marina Mall Station (Dubai Marina), Ghubaiba Station or Bluewaters Station
- Dhs350 for the silver class; Dhs525 for the gold class, with a 50 per cent discount for children aged two to 10, infants younger than two go for free
- Rides kick off between 10pm and 10.30pm on New Year’s Eve and continue up to 1.30am
- Start points at Al Jaddaf Station, Al Fahidi Station or Al Ghubaiba Marine Transport Station
- Dhs150 for adults, and infants younger than two go for free