How to carve a turkey - essential Christmas knowledge
Imagine slaving away over the stove for hours on end, only to serve up a badly hacked up piece of meat to your guests; the disappointment on the faces will certainly wipe away your Christmas cheer.
Worry not, because our illustrated guide can help you deliver the most beautifully presented turkey platter without wasting any of that succulent meat.
1. Position the turkey breast with the legs facing you.
2. Cut through the skin that connects the leg to the body, and continue to cut through the thigh joint.
3. Lay the leg and thigh on a board and cut to separate the leg and thigh. Repeat on other side.
4. Work the tip of the knife between the ball joint of the wing and the socket and remove the wing. Repeat on other side.
5. Cut along the breastbone. Cut down along one side of the rib cage to remove the breast. Repeat on other side.
6. Lay the breasts on the board, skin side up, and cut into pieces to serve.