The UAE has three of the world's best water parks
As the mercury rises (groan), the thought of a dunk in an ice-cold pool is like music to our ears (and a salve to our sun-soaked limbs).
Luckily, we’ve got plenty of water activities to choose from in the UAE, and now three of them have been named among the world’s best.
In TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards, several of our nation’s adventure-packed venues took out spots in the Top 25 Water Parks category.
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) July 3, 2016
Dubai’s Aquaventure Waterpark and Wild Wadi Water Park and Abu Dhabi’s Yas Waterworld claimed the third, sixth and ninth places respectively (a solid chunk of the top 10).
Award winners were determined by an algorithm that measured the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for parks over a 12-month period, the user generated travel website revealed.
Aquaventure, located at Atlantis The Palm Hotel, is famous for its impressive slides, shark-filled lagoons and marine animal encounters. Wild Wadi, found in front of the Burj Al Arab, has rides and attractions themed around the tale of Juha, a character from Arabian folklore, but there’s plenty of adrenaline-pumping slides for thrill seekers.
Yas Waterworld, situated on Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island, has heaps of rides for all ages, plus a unique pearl diving experience.
The No1 spot in TripAdvisor’s awards went to Siam Park in Adeje, Spain, while Waterbom Bali, in Kuta, Indonesia, claimed second place.
Here’s the rest of the top 10:
1. Siam Park – Adeje, Spain
2. Waterbom Bali – Kuta, Indonesia
3. Aquaventure Waterpark – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – Orlando, Florida
5. Beach Park – Aquiraz, Brazil
6. Wild Wadi Water Park – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
7. Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park – Orlando, Florida
8. Aquaventure Water Park at Atlantis Paradise Island – Nassau, New Providence Island
9. Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
10. Hot Park – Rio Quente, Brazil