13 of our favourite photos from yesterday’s supermoon
“That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for photographers…”
Last night, the world saw the biggest and brightest supermoon to date of the 21st century.
If you missed it, don’t worry. The moon’s still orbiting pretty close to earth, so if you check it out tonight you’ll be able to get an idea of how big it was yesterday (the difference between last night and tonight will be fairly nominal to the human eye).
Luckily, we’ve got some pretty nifty photographers in Dubai, who were more than happy to jump on the opportunity to get some sweet moon snaps (yes, some of these are clearly doctored but they’re still cool).
So without further ado, here are our 13 favourite photos of yesterday’s supermoon in Dubai.
1. We don’t remember it being that big…
2. A sleepy moon looms above Sheikh Zayed Road
3. Without a doubt, one of the coolest photos we’ve seen in a while.
4. Moon or satsuma?
5. Dangling, blood-red above the city
6. Is that a shooting star? Or an Emirates Airbus?
7. Moon playing peek-a-boo behind the Burj Al Arab
9. The moon lies pale against the rising sun
10. World’s tallest building. World’s biggest moon.
11. Wait, did the moon shrink since that last photo?
13. Finally, just a straight-up, moon shot. Isn’t she lovely?
– For more about Dubai straight to your newsfeed, follow us on Facebook.