DIY delicious lamb hotpot with our 'no more than four' series
In our special series, bought to you in association with good, we use just four major ingredients and a handful of odds and sods from your pantry to make one brilliant meal. Enjoy…
LAMB HOTPOT (serves four). PREP: 30 minutes CHILL: 1 hour 35 minutes
700g lamb leg meat
1 leek, thinly sliced
3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced in diagonals
3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
In your pantry: Salt, ground black pepper, sunflower oil, meat/chicken stock, worcestershire sauce, butter
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2) Cut the meat into 3cm chunks, season with salt and ground black pepper.
3) Heat 2 tsp of sunflower oil in a frying pan and brown the meat (you may have to do this in two batches).
4) Place the meat in a casserole dish that will be able to hold plenty of stock.
5) Throw in 2 thinly sliced onions and 4 peeled and thinly sliced carrots with the lamb, sprinkle over 3 tbs plain flour and mix everything together. 6) Add 600ml of chicken or meat stock and 2 tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
7) If you have any dry or fresh herbs like rosemary or parsley in your cupboard, add a sprinkling of these too.
8) Overlap the potato slices on top of the lamb stew and season with some salt and ground black pepper.
9) Place a lid over the top of the casserole dish and bake in the oven for around 1 hour.
10) Remove the lid and bake for another 35 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown and the meat is tender and cooked through.