Magnolia Bakery recipe for Christmas Crinkle Cookies
This easy-peasy recipe from Magnolia’s pastry chef Kiran Shetty makes 48 cookies – enough to keep the greediest gang of party guests happy.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set it aside.
2. In a medium stainless steel bowl whisk together the cocoa, sugar, and 1/2 a cup of vegetable oil.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking the mixture a little after each one.
4. Stir in the vanilla until just mixed.
5. Stir the flour mixture into the cocoa mixture, then cover the dough and leave to chill for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 165 degrees.
7. Use a small scoop to roll the mixture into one-inch balls.
8. Roll each one in powdered sugar, coating generously.
9. Line a tray with baking paper and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until just set – the cookies will ‘crack’ on the top, exposing their gooey chocolate centre.