Follow my lead - we profile the best of Deepak Chopra
What’s On profiles Deepak Chopra, the spiritual guru after he bought his The Future Of Wellbeing and The Soul Of Leadership shows to the UAE.
The wisdom of spiritual guru Deepak Chopra has helped him sell more than 20 million books and inspire countless fans around the world. In September 2013, the Indian-born American physician bought his brand of positive thinking to the UAE in two special lectures, advising on topics such as life, love and work.
In our article of that month, we featured a taster of some of the advice one could expect to hear…
– Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
– Holding on to anything is like holding on to your breath. You will suffocate. Let go and it will be yours forever.
– Give up being right. Instead radiate peace, harmony, love and laughter from your heart.
– In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
– The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers.
– When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.
– If you win the lottery you’ll be very happy, but in a year you’ll be as happy or unhappy as you were before.
– Success comes when people act together; failure tends to happen alone.
– If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another. The universe has no fixed agenda.
-You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.
– Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not.
– Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.