10 tweets about Dubai that made us laugh
We’ve compiled a list of tweets about Dubai that we can all either relate to or chuckle at, reminding us this city really is one of a kind.
Dubai is a very hashtag-worthy city. We’ve all seen the pictures of supercars galore and ridiculous houses, as well as the Instagrams of pet lions hanging out of cars down at JBR (as well as the more recent news of an escaped lioness in Barsha).
However, there’s little that phases Dubai’s more veteran residents anymore. Occasionally one stumbles across a new #onlyindubai moment that’s worthy of a mention, or a tourist’s tweet that tickles us – but for those of who haven’t come across one in a while, we’ve gone and done the legwork for you.
Below you’ll find a list of recent tweets about Dubai that we can all either relate to or chuckle at, reminding us that the city we live in really is one of the more unique places on the planet.
1. If you’re unsure as to what a ‘swag board’ is, it’s those two-wheeled hoverboards you’ve seen kids whizzing around on at JBR. Oh, and this just in: they’re now banned in most places. Why would you need one on a plane? There’s barely any terrain to traverse.
2. “I’ll have a skyscraper there… and there… oh, and the tallest building in the world just over there…”
3. If you haven’t heard the Janet Jackson classic Feedback, it can be found here. And yes, it would go well with said situation.
4. We’re not sure what’s worse, the pun or the implication.
5. Judging by your display picture Nicholas, you’ve still a long way to go. However if you’re serious about this, we’ve got a great few carpet shops we can recommend. Getting it to fly? That’s your job.
6. Perhaps if you weren’t so Duboring…
7. Wouldn’t we all…
8. Dubai 92’s Catboy, from radio to riches…
9. Did they come as part of a bundle?
10. This one may be confusing for those of you who haven’t yet realised there are ATMs in Dubai that dispense gold. Unfortunately, taxi drivers get miffed about the change situation when you hand them Dhs100, let alone a gold bar.
Photo: Getty Images