Check out these new opening times for A+E and MMI stores in the UAE
Please note: all stores will be closed from Thursday evening until Sunday morning as part of the National Disinfection Programme
If you’re looking to stock up on wine, beer or spirits for the coming weeks, seven A+E stores are currently operating in Dubai:
- Jumeirah Lake Towers 10am to 9pm
- Barsha Heights (TECOM) 10am to 9pm
- Karama 10am to 9pm
- Bur Dubai 10am to 9pm
- Deira 10am to 9pm
- Al Qusais 10am to 9pm
- The Cellars Green Community 11am to 9pm
MMI has announced new trading hours for its Dubai stores:
- MMI The Greens (Onyx Building) Sat to Thurs 10am to 9pm; Fri 2pm to 9pm
- MMI Business Bay (dnata Travel Centre) Sun to Fri 2pm to 9pm; Sat 10am to 9pm
- MMI JLT (Armada Building Cluster P) Sat to Thurs 10am to 9pm; Fri 2pm to 9pm
- MMI Green Community Sat to Thurs 11am to 9pm; Fri 2pm to 9pm
- MMI Sheikh Zayed Road Sun to Fri 2pm to 9pm; Sat 10am to 9pm
- MMI Karama Sat to Thurs 10am to 9pm; Fri 2pm to 9pm
- MMI Bur Dubai Sat to Thurs 10am to 9pm; Fri 2pm to 9pm
- MMI Deira Sun to Fri 2pm to 9pm; Sat 10am to 9pm
The Al Hamra Cellar in Ras Al Khaimah will now be open daily from 9am to 9pm. In doing their bit for social distancing, the Al Hamra team will even let you place your order online, and then bring it out to your car.
Getting a liquor license in Dubai
If you need to apply for a liquor license or renew your exisiting license, it’s now easier than ever. Simply visit africaneastern.com/get-a-licence or mmiliquorlicence.com to apply online.
Tourists can now apply for a temporary liquor license in African + Eastern and MMI stores. All you need to do is present your original passport, fill out a short form and sign an official declaration to state you aren’t a UAE resident, and will obey the UAE’s rules and regulations in regards to alcohol purchase and consumption.
The store will then take a copy of your passport and entry stamp, and issue you with a guideline on responsible drinking in Dubai.